Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The greatest message

Sorry that I didn't write last week! I just completely forgot.
Obviously I'm getting to the end of my mission because my bad memory
is coming back.
This past week was super good!! We got 2 new investigators and they
both agreed to be baptized on November 7th!!! Can you say delayed
birthday present?! It's going to be so good. Ka**en is 9 and he is
adorable! He just kept saying that he wants baptized because Jesus
Christ was baptized. His Dad is a member but not active in the church
and his mom is not a member. His grandma is awesome though and takes
him to church after she finishes working. The key to successful
activity of kids in the church is the support they have from their
parents or other adults they trust.
Then McK**zie is 9 and recently got a blessing from the elders and she
told them she wanted to be baptized! Her 3 older siblings are all
baptized and the mom is a member but isn't active. She isn't crazy
about the church but is supporting the kids in their decision to go to
church and in Mc**nzie's decision to be baptized.
The Lord is constantly preparing people's hearts to receive the
message of Jesus Christ. The fact that we can be saved to live with
Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and our families is the greatest news
that we can give. The fact that the pain and the hardship and the
guilt that we experience in our lives can all be erased. What greater
message is there?! I love every day of being a missionary. Some days
are hard and I think it would be easier not to be a missionary but
every day is full of miracles that make me realize how amazing He is.
Sometimes I don't realize until my head hits the pillow but the
realization always comes. There is nothing greater than sharing this
message with those that I come to love here in Rock Springs, Wyoming.
I love you all! Have a great week.




No comments:

Post a Comment