Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Miracles, miracles, miracles! I am so blessed to be a missionary. I
was able to see 3 beautiful baptisms that I had the opportunity to
participate in producing. Heavenly Father is so mindful of his
children; that was my lesson this week. All three of the baptisms were
of people at different points in their lives yet all made the decision
to follow their Savior Jesus Christ. There is no greater and rewarding
moment then seeing your sweet investigators, in whom you have invested
so much time and effort and prayers in their behalf, come out of the
water, clean! AHHHHHH SO COOL!
M***n was the first superstar baptism! She is the cutest little girl
and guess what?! I got to give the talk on baptism! Gosh I just love
her!
J**e was our second baptism! He was a miracle. He NEEDED the gospel.
He came from a very difficult past but with the Atonement he is clean.
He was baptized and in typical mexican fashion, there was A TON of
food afterwards!!! Hahaaa. I love the Martinez family.
The last baptism (which was last night) was T*****a! T*****a was from
my last area in East Millcreek and she texted me this week and told me
about her baptism on Sunday (yesterday). She told me that I had a huge
part in her decision and that it would mean the world to her if I
could come...so I got permission and I was able to go! AHHHHH! Her
boyfriend came home from school and baptized her. It was incredible.
Her boyfriend came up to me afterwards and told me that she talks
about me all the time and he's pretty sure she loves me more than
him...hahhahaa! But it was incredible.
It is so rewarding to see the fruits of your efforts and to see these
sweet, choice children come unto their Father.

Well as a missionary, holidays are so much different. Thanksgiving
will consist of going around and visiting active member families and
eating. We have gotten so many offers to go over to peoples houses for
dinner...so don't worry, I'll have plenty of turkey! Hahaaa.
I hope everyone has a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!
I am grateful for a working body. I am grateful for a beautiful,
healthy family. I am grateful for wonderful supportive friends. I am
grateful for this beautiful earth. I am grateful for clothes! I am
grateful for chocolate. I am grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I
am grateful for my parents raising me in the gospel of Jesus Christ
but allowing me to choose for myself if it was right. I am grateful
for making the right decision. I am grateful for the comfort and
stability that the gospel provides me. I am grateful and so blessed to
be a missionary!
I love you! I hope you all know that. Have a happy week.

SWEET M****'S BAPTISM!!!

J***'S BAPTISM! "Gosh, I miss my Mexican's back home!!"

Happy baptism day! Hahahaaa

This is what Utah-ans call "the inversion"....it's what the rest of
the world calls really bad pollution.

Look what the Berthelson's sent me!!! How well does Karen know me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment