Thursday, September 24, 2015

This week was good!


Lately I have been hearing a lot about the 3-fold mission of the
church: proclaiming the gospel, perfecting the saints, and redeeming
the dead. I feel like at a different part of our lives we are involved
with each part of this. The desire to be involved in perfecting the
saints, redeeming the dead and proclaiming the gospel begins with our
own conversion. Recognizing the amazing gift that we have and then
desiring to share it comes to each of us through our recognition that
this is truly the Lord's church and we are privileged to know the
steps to get back to live with God and with our families. I'm grateful
that as I am experiencing the "proclaiming the gospel" part of the
3-fold mission of the church. I'm grateful that a huge focus during my
time in YW was spent redeeming the dead. I have a feeling that I am
not done with my role in redeeming the dead but right now I'm just
focusing on my mission! 3 months left of prime proselyting. I have a
feeling that these will be both the longest and the shortest 3 months
of my mission! Hahahaa. I know that I keep mentioning the priesthood
blessing that I got a month ago but it was so insightful. It told me
that I needed to start making plans to go home but also that the Lord
was proud of the service that I had given and that I should continue
to work hard! I love being a missionary!!!

This week has been good for us. We've been teaching more than I was
with Sister Carlson. I know that the Lord is helping us a lot! We got
3 new investigators this week! We had a couple of awesome lessons with
our investigators and Sister Masih and I have been getting along
really well. I really am happy.

General Conference is coming up and I am so excited! It is amazing to
me that we have a prophet, a man who talks with God, that will be
speaking to us. To have the communication with God open again to men
on earth is one of God's many manifestations that he loves us. As we
take our questions to God He answers them through conference. Listen
and take notes. Let God know what you need and he will give it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment