Monday, May 18, 2015

My heart and prayers go out this week to the McGrail family. Losing a
loved one, whether it be a son, brother, or friend, is so difficult. There are no magic
words that stop the tears, there is no medicine to forget, there is no
balm to ease the heartache. Every time I am faced with losing a loved
one, I am comforted by the knowledge that I will see them again. I
know this because of the Plan that Heavenly Father has revealed to us,
the Plan of Salvation, the Plan of Happiness. I know that you will see
Sean again. I know that we each have an opportunity to live with our
families for eternity.
Well Sister Britton has 1 week left of being a missionary. She is
freaking out every day. Missions are such amazing experiences and at
the end, no one wants to leave but everyone wants to see their
families! Oh the irony. I am grateful for the things that Sister
Britton is teaching me. When I had been a missionary for 4 months I
remember thinking that I was so good at missionary work....hahahaaa. I
know that I have needed each of my companions and investigators to
teach me something new.
M**ls is going to be baptized on Saturday! I am overjoyed. She is so
prepared. She had a really hard time this past lesson. The members
brought up the Holy Ghost and how it comes to us after baptism. She
said that she has had the Holy Ghost because she had been baptized in
the Methodist church. We tried to explain the gift of the Holy Ghost
and the power of the Holy Ghost but then she was more confused because
she thought we were saying that there are 2 Holy Ghosts! She left the
lesson really confused. That night we got a text from her saying that
she didn't want to meet any more that week. We called her 2 main
friends in the church and told them the situation. Then we prayed. We
prayed and we prayed and we prayed. We gave her a day to cool down and
we went by the next day to give her a talk to read and she told us
that she had FASTED the day before and prayed to whole time that if
she couldn't understand it,that
Heavenly Father would at least allow her to accept it and that she
would be able to feel and know that it is right. She said that fasting
really helped her and that she is ready to be baptized on the 23rd.
She is amazing.
I love this work. I love every day that is hard and every day that is
rewarding. I love seeing people prepared to change their lives.
I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment