Monday, May 11, 2015

Well the most exciting news from this week was that I GOT TO TALK TO
MY FAMILY YESTERDAY! It was a much needed phone call and I feel
energized and ready to see what lies in store in the next 7 months of
my mission. I hope all the lovely mom's and mom-figures got to feel
the love being sent their way!
Shout out to my Mom and Dad who are celebrating there 25th wedding
anniversary May 12th! 25 years of making marriage work. I love you
both so much!
M**ls is preparing to be baptized on May 23rd. She has decided to quit
drinking coffee. On Saturday she gave us her "Beans and Brews" (a
coffee shop) card and Sister Britton cracked it in half. M**ls loves
the Book of Mormon!
Ni**le is planning on being baptized on the 5th of June. She is also
super excited and she is learning so much about the Book of Mormon. We
taught her about the Law of Chastity and the 10 Commandments this past
week and she agreed to live all the commandments.
Our mission is studying the Book of Mormon this month. I have come to
a knowledge and an unshaken testimony of the Book of Mormon as I have
been out on my mission. I still am not able to quote passages or
remember where everything is but I am learning of the stories and
becoming more converted to the gospel as I read this inspired book. I
love encouraging all those I meet to take Moroni's challenge and to
read and pray about the Book of Mormon.
Everyone seems to be concerned when I write a little or when I don't
take pictures or when I say that things are hard. I just thought I
should take a minute to tell you how much I love being a missionary
and how much I am changing. Before my mission I did not fully
understand the hard work that goes in to being a missionary. I have
been put into situations on my mission that I would have never put
myself into. But the Lord knows each of us so perfectly. He knew and
knows exactly what I need to be able to grow and rid myself of a few
of my bad habits and bad personality traits. I am growing and
learning. Sometimes I just don't know how to put into words how I am
changing or what has happened to me during the past 11 months but it
is something amazing. I could never have changed how I have on my
mission by my self. I am grateful for the Lord and for this
experience. I love being a missionary!

No comments:

Post a Comment