Sunday, November 29, 2015

We can be grateful!

"Everyone’s  situation  is  different,  and  the  details  of  each  life  are  unique. Nevertheless,  I  have learned  that  there  is  something  that  would  take  away the bitterness  that  may  come  into  our lives. There  is  one  thing  we  can  do  to  make life  sweeter,  more  joyful,  even  glorious. We  can  be  grateful! 
True  gratitude  is  an  expression  of  hope  and  testimony.  It  comes  from  acknowledging  that  we  do not  always  understand  the trials  of  life  but  trusting  that  one  day we  will. " -Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Gratitude. Thanksgiving reminds us of it every year but we should be grateful EVERY DAY. In Alma 34:38 it says, "That ye contend no more against the Holy Ghost, but that ye receive it, and take upon you the name of Christ; that ye humble yourselves even to the dust, and worship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth; and that ye live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you." I know that as we live in thanksgiving daily we are happier. The joy that comes from recognizing blessings is humbling. I know as I look at my life and realize that the Lord has been watching over me I see Him in the hard days, in the good days, in the moments when I lose hope. In the story of the brother of Jared it says that the brother of Jared sees the hand of the Lord because of his exceeding faith. Likewise in the story of the ten lepers that are cleansed by Jesus only one comes back to say thank you. When he does the Lord says, "thy FAITH hath made thee whole"....isn't it interesting that he doesn't say that his gratitude has made him whole? Gratitude is a sign of faith. It is acknowledging that we have a loving Father in Heaven who is mindful of us and blesses us. 
I am thankful for the holiday season. I am thankful that at this time especially my heart reaches out in thanksgiving and love for the many blessings that I have been given. The greatest blessing of all is the gospel. It is the good news of Jesus Christ. It is the good news that I can be with my family forever. My family is of course one of my greatest blessings. I am thankful that I have been able to give 17 months to my Father in Heaven. I'm grateful for the change that I can see in myself. My mission has completely molded me into a better person, a person I actually want to be around. I have never felt the spirit so much. I am thankful every day for the people in my life that I need. I love being a missionary!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving and eat lots of turkey! And take a nap for me ;)

At Jay**'s Baptism!



Sister Kennedy and I!


No comments:

Post a Comment