Monday, June 8, 2015

One year down!

Well this past week we picked up 5 new investigators!!! Freaking Wyoming.
We got a referral from our district leader and we went to contact the
girl that lived there, A**x. A**x is in her 20's and her and her
fiance, Mic**el, have 3 little kids! When we went we found A**x's
mother-in-law, Sh**on. Sh**on is having a lot of health concerns and
she is looking for a church to go to. We offered to get some
priesthood holders over and for them to give Sh**on a blessing. Sh**on
was receptive and when we came later that day with priesthood holders
to give her a blessing we met Sh**on's son, Mi**ael and his fiance
A**x. They all agreed to learn more about the church! We went later in
the week and all 3 of them were at home and Michael's dad, V**ce, was
visiting. We taught all of them the Restoration and we gave them each
Book of Mormons! It was one of the coolest experiences ever to see
this whole family who has been prepared to receive the message of the
gospel.
Then yesterday while I was greeting in church a little boy came up to
me and said "Hi my name is Da**an and I am 9 years old and I want to
be baptized." Da**an's family has moved around a lot and now that they
are settled in here the parents are letting him be baptized. The Lord
rewards us when we are obedient.
Yesterday in one of our wards we had the chance to teach a Sunday
School class. The lesson was on baptism. Halfway through the lesson a
man said, "I was baptized at 12 and I have been living the past 30+
years in sin. If I can only be baptized once how do I get washed clean
again?" I sat back and let members of the class make their comments
and answer his questions. Everyone in the small class that answered
had a different suggestion on what he could do. It was so amazing to
hear the experiences and advice that was given. I had the opportunity
to have the closing remark and with the spirit guiding me I testified
of the sacrament and of repentance. I know that the Lord allows us to
renew our baptismal covenants every week because He knows that we will
make mistakes, in fact, we will make a lot of mistakes! I am so
grateful for the Atonement!
I love you all! Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment